Friday, November 8, 2013

Katrina Cameron will be The Orion EIC next semester

Katrina Cameron has been named The Orion's editor-in-chief for spring semester 2014. She and Quinn Western, the current managing editor, interviewed for the paper's top editorial position yesterday.

Katrina Cameron
Katrina has been the higher ed and health care reporter at the Chico Enterprise-Record since last summer. She was a reporter and features editor at The Orion last school year.

Her interest in working at the paper started before she ever set foot on campus.

"Leading Chico State’s nationally recognized student newspaper has been a personal dream since my stepbrother brought home a copy while visiting during his first semester of college," she wrote in her letter of application. "I was only 16 years old when I first flipped through those pages, but already I knew I would become an Orionite in the future."

Congratulations, Katrina!

No comments:

Post a Comment